The day was split in to three sessions and members were invited to drop in for any session or attend for the whole day.
LISW careers and skills hub
Seminar: So where are the jobs?
DATE: Tuesday 12 September 2017
TIME: 10:30 - 14:00
PLACE: Chamber of Shipping, 30 Park St, London SE1 9EQ
AGENDA: This panel discussion and audience debate will cover seafarer employment and training statistics and projections, economic drivers and market forces, job creation and recruitment.
PANEL DEBATE: 'So where are the jobs?'
Chaired by Jonathan Roberts, UK Chamber of Shipping
- the seafarer perspective – a Nautilus member shares their experience of seeking work
- the government perspective – a government representative will outline the government ambitions for the sector
- management consultancy - David Rowlands, Frazer-Nash
- company perspective - Bill O'Shaughnessy, Carnival UK and Ian Hampton, Northern Marine Group
- recruitment consultancy - Greg Livermore, Seamariner
TAKE PART: Members unable to attend were able to watch the event live on the Union’s Facebook page, and submit questions for the panel in advance.
REGISTER: Register for this free 'So where are the jobs?' event [past event]
As part of the Careers and Skills Hub, Nautilus will also held a successful online CV surgery and careers advice session. If you have a question about seeking employment or career progression, email it to email@example.com.
The Careers and Skills Hub also included a breakfast seminar on inclusivity and fair treatment, and an afternoon spotlight on maritime careers, an event for careers advisors and teachers.