Algemene vergadering 2023
Plaats: Registration for online attendance at GM23 closed at midday Monday 23 October
When: Monday 23 October to Wednesday 25 October 2023
Where: Hilton Hotel, Liverpool City Centre, 3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool L1 8LW
GM23 was a great chance to catch up with fellow members, the challenges and successes of the last four years, and find out why we are 'Charting a Just Transition' for seafarers towards an equitable maritime industry.
The main Conference was held over Tueday 24 and Wednesday 25 October, with an evening welcome reception and other events, such as the Equality and Diversity Forum, taking place in advance of the General Meeting on Monday 23 October.
If were not able to join GM23 you can follow us across socials using #GM23.
Members who registered to attending online were sent their sign in details before the meeting and were able to vote and engage with the meeting remotely.
By registering members were also eligible to attend the Equality and Diversity Forum on Monday 23 October.
Formal GM23 business will be held on Tuesday 24 October and Wednesday 25 October including a gala dinner and awards ceremony.
Attendees also took part in an extra special event on Tuesday 24 October – a 'Hidden Docks' tour by Liverpool Museum.
General Meeting agenda and business
- Election of Tellers
- Adoption of The General Meeting standing orders
- Minutes of the Third General Meeting (held in 2019)
- The Council's Report
- Resolutions Report
- Financial Statements
- Appointment of Auditor
- Appointment of Scrutineer
- Appointment of Assurer
- a full line-up of inspiring speakers, including a keynote by SSE Renewables Martha Selwyn; Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) Dr Robyn Pyne; DNMF (Nautilus affiliate) assistant director and technical manager Odd Rune Malterud; and ITF responsible investment coordinator Anne Lindsay
- a gala dinner and awards ceremony with the presentation of awards to members including the Nautilus Award, the Victoria Drummond Award and the General Secretary's Award. During the evening there will also be live music featuring band Eccentric Pony. Partners are welcome at your own cost
- networking where you can meet and chat with other members from different regions and sectors.
Held every four years, the General Meeting is where the future agenda of the Union is determined. It is the place where full members get the chance to determine what policies and priorities Nautilus International should pursue.
GM is a conference where you can share your views on the shipping industry and the issues that directly affect you at work, network with fellow seafarers and meet influential figures from the world of shipping and beyond.
The Union encourages attendance from lay reps and full members, as well as potential guest speakers and exhibitors and sponsors.
Members attending were given relevant registration options, schedules and reports closer to the meeting. All members can log in and find further meeting resources on the General Meeting Resources page.
For a full news round up of resolutions adopted and other news visit the EN branch News and Insight section.