3 weeks agoApply now
The Corporation of Trinity House
Trinity House is a charity dedicated to safeguarding shipping and seafarers, providing education, support and welfare to the seafaring community with a statutory duty, under the Merchant Shipping Act, 1995 to be the General Lighthouse Authority for England and Wales, the Channel Islands, Gibraltar and waters to the outer limit of the Exclusive Economic Zone. The Corporation’s vision is to be a key influencing UK maritime charity promoting the safeguarding of shipping and seafarers.
The Deputy Master, as Deputy Chair of the Court, provides leadership to the Corporation to deliver its charitable aims as Chair of the Corporate Board. As Chief Executive of the Lighthouse Board (LHB), they will provide strategic direction and operational leadership of Trinity House, and act as the ambassador and role model to develop strength and depth in organisational capacity. They will have capability to successfully deliver strategic objective and long-term organisational plans to provide an efficient and Effective Aids to Navigation Service in accordance with the Authority’s statutory framework.
Requirements of the Role are:
- Master Mariner or equivalent qualification with Command experience
- Substantial leadership and stakeholder management experience
- Demonstrable evidence of shaping organisational strategy
- Navigational safety experience to act as examiner and nautical assessor
- Sound knowledge of corporate governance and finance
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a charity trustee
The Deputy Master must possess a range of competencies required to contribute effectively, which includes being or having:
- Awareness of the impact of new technology and the importance of environmental issues and solutions
- Ethical; strong EQ and an awareness of self and others when managing stakeholders at all levels
- Visible, authentic and having an inclusive leadership style
- A track record of building strong and enduring working relationships
- Strong commercial or budgetary acumen coupled with a performance-oriented approach
- Able to identify realistic solutions to strategic level issues, using evidenced-based decision making processes
- Strong influencing skills
- Drive, energy and resilience to push for continuous improvement
For the full information pack, including details of how to apply, please visit: www.odgers.com/88155
The closing date for applications is 17.00 on Friday 31 March 2023.