Marine Officer (Shift Work)
Applications are invited for a full-time position which has become available within the Marine Department.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake the following main duties:
- Provide radio navigational advice and information to vessels, including the operation and monitoring of all electronic surveillance equipment within the Harbour Control office.
- To act as Coxswain / Skipper on any of the company’s marine craft (Subject to qualifications).
- Ability to work 12 hours shifts in a rota.
Applicants should possess the following basic minimum qualifications and experience:
- RYA Powerboat (advanced) Certificate.
- Boat Masters Certificate, desirable but not essential.
- Commercial maritime background and/or previous port experience desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent boat handling skills.
- Good knowledge of electronic navigational / chart systems.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take control of situations effectively, efficiently and calmly.
- Good computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and previous experience of database systems.
- Clean Driving Licence.
Salary on application
Closing Date for Applications: 21 January 2022.