Master Wightlink is one of the UK’s largest domestic ferry operators, providing a link between the Isle of Wight and the Hampshire mainland.
We are looking to recruit a Master on our Lymington – Yarmouth service. The successful candidate will hold a Master Unlimited Certificate of Competency and will have gained 12-months previous experience as a Master or Chief Officer working on passenger ships within the last 5 years and ideally have worked with Voith Schneider propulsion systems.
You will be required to show strong skills in
Leadership and Management
Bridge Team Management
On Board Operations
Communication skills at all levels afloat and ashore.
As Master, you will lead standards on board. These include:
- The effective implementation and development of the Safety Management System
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Operational efficiency and punctuality
- Effective engagement by all crew members with the customer
- Active support for the development of all aspects of customer service
- Prompt circulation of relevant company operations and safety communications
- Crew performance, attendance and reliability
- Crew appearance and presentation
- Planned and Corrective Maintenance
In return we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work at sea but still go home at night!
The applicant appointed will benefit from:
- A competitive Company Pension Allowance
- Wightlink and Rail Travel benefits
- A vast range of retail benefits
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.