Handy resources and useful information for yacht crew.
Maritime & Coastguard Agency Marine Information Notes (MIN) relevant to yacht crew
- MGN477 – Maritime Labour Convention, 2006: Seafarers' Employment Agreements
- MIN543 – Sea Service Verification on Large Yachts
- MSN1856 - Training & Certification Guidance: UK Requirements for Master and Deck Office
- MSN1857 - Training & Certification Guidance: UK Requirements for Engineer Officers and Engineer Operators
- MSN1858 - Training & Certification Guidance: UK Requirements for Deck Officers on Large Yachts (over 24m)
- MSN 1859 - Training & Certification Guidance: UK Requirements for Engineer Officers on Large Yachts (over 24m)
- MSN1861 - Training & Certification Guidance: UK Procedure for the Revalidation of Certificates of Competency and Tanker Endorsement
- MIN524 - Engineer Officer Small Vessel Certificate of Competency
Nautilus has teamed up with the makers of the YachtNeeds app to help yacht sector members access the Union's services, wherever they are. Described as a 'concierge app', YachtNeeds provides crews with easy access to listings and other information in the various ports they visit.
Nautilus information is listed under the YachtNeeds app Services section, in Advice, Assistance and Insurance. Visit YachtNeeds for more information and advice on how to download the app.
Disclaimer: Nautilus is not responsible or liable for the content provided in the YachtNeeds app or the external website listed.
Our professional yacht services
Superyacht crew can be vulnerable to issues like non-payment of wages, issues with repatriation, termination, bullying, harassment and even criminalisation.
Seafarers' Employment Agreement (SEA)
The Union has produced a SEA contract advice guide for members to help yacht crew ensure that their employment contracts are in line with the Maritime Labour Convention and Flag State requirements on Seafarers' Employment Agreements (SEAs).
Sea Service Verification
Members working in the large yacht sector are urged to take advantage of the Union's industry-leading Service Record Book (SRB) which is available free of charge to members.
Yacht Friends of Nautilus
Join the Union at a lower tier and enjoy some of the benefits of membership.