The European Transport Workers' Federation (ETF) has issued a set of Covid-19 graphics that seafarers and unions can use to help campaign for the rights of supply chain workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
Designed for Facebook and Twitter posts, the arresting graphics contain six key messages:
• Protect precarious workers
• Prioritise trade in and delivery of essential goods
• Negotiate any emergency measures with trade unions
• Ensure that no measures lead to a permanent loss of jobs or reduction of salaries
• Provide transport workers with necessary protective equipment
• Don’t use the pandemic as an excuse to take away workers’ rights
The graphics are available for download on Google Drive.
Nautilus members experiencing difficulties related to the coronavirus outbreak are advised to contact their industrial organiser for assistance. In an emergency, members can also contact the Nautilus 24/7 helpline.
More help and our coronavirus resource hub can be found on our Assistance page.